Sunday 8 December 1918
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gérard Souzay and Gerard Souzay.
The Squaw Man, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
while The Tree of Heaven by May Sinclair was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 December 1918!
Which were the important events of 8 December 1918 ?
- Malta - Public Holiday.
- Panama - Mother's Day
- Romania - Constitution Day
- Bulgaria - Day of the Student (studentski praznik)
- R.C. Saints - The solemnity of the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary: a Holy Day of Obligation
- Italy - In Milan, the opera season starts.
- Buddhism - The Enlightenment of Gautama Buddha
- Afflux (50 Aftermath) (Discordianism)
- Gérard Souzay: French baritone, regarded as one of the very finest interpreters of mélodie (French art song) in the generation after Charles Panzéra and Pierre Bernac.
- Gerard Souzay: French baritone (d. 2004).
- Nicolas Apgar: French-American artist.
- Carsten Byhring: Norwegian actor of stage, film, and television.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1918 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Oui, Oui, Marie - Arthur Fields
- Smiles - Lambert Murphy
- The Yanks Are at it Again - Arthur Fields & Peerless Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?