Wednesday October 21, 1908
US date format: 10/21/1908, UK date format: 21/10/1908
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra (see birth chart on October 21, 1908). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was H. H. Asquith (Liberal), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Pierre Dux and Jorge Oteiza.
David and Goliath, directed by Ferdinando Baldi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of October 21, 1908?
- R.C. saints - Saint Ursula and her 11 (or 11000) virgins; Saint Hilarion
- Republic of China - Overseas Chinese Day
- French Republican Calendar - Tonneau (Barrel) Day, thirtieth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- In the comic novel Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett, the Earth was born on this day in 4004 BC, within a quarter of an hour of 9 in the morning. This was supposedly because God liked to get things over with early.
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 21, 1908?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan - Down in Jungle Town
- Haydn Quartet with Harry Macdonough - Take Me Out to the Ball Game