Tuesday 8 January 1935
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Nolan Miller in Burkburnett and Elvis Aaron Presley in Tupelo.
The Lives of a Bengal Lancer, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 January 1935!
Which were the important events of 8 January 1935 ?
- Commonwealth Day is celebrated in Northern Mariana Islands.
- Nolan Miller in Burkburnett: Texas, USA; fashion designer (Dynasty, The Love Boat).
- Elvis Aaron Presley in Tupelo: Mississippi, USA; musician/actor ("Blue Suede Shoes", "Hounddog").
- Jesse Garon Presley: stillborn twin brother of Elvis.
- Lewis H Lapham: American writer.
- Elvis Presley: American pop singer, one of the most famous entertainers in history whose notoriety became worldwide.
- Daniel Tribouillard: French fashion designer based in Paris, who is also Chief Executive Officer of the LEONARD fashion house.
- Lewis Lapham: American publisher founded Lapham's Quarterly
- Spectrophotometer patented, AC Hardy.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?