Sunday 6 January 1935, Epiphany
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 6, 1935). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Claude Steiner and Paul Wilson.
Mazurka, directed by Willi Forst, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 January 1935
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 January 1935!
Which were the important events of 6 January 1935 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
- Claude Steiner: French-American author, practicing psychologist and disciple of Eric Berne, one of the founders of radical therapy.
- Paul Wilson: American R&B-singer (Flamingos - "Lovers Never Say Goodbye").
- Tsaritsa Margarita: Gomez-Acebo y Cejuela of Bulgaria.
- Nino Tempo in Niagara Falls: New York, USA; rock vocalist (Deep Purple).
- Ian Meckiff: Australian cricketer.
- Joseph Rotman: Canadian businessman and philanthropist (d. 2015).
- Margarita : Queen Margarita of Bulgaria.
- George P Baker: US playwright (Dramatic Technique), dies at 68.