Wednesday 23 January 1935
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bob Moses and Pierre Lacroix.
David Copperfield, directed by George Cukor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 January 1935!
Which were the important events of 23 January 1935 ?
- Pie Day
- The Saddest day of the year is January 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- Roman Catholic Church: Feast of Blessed Marianne of Molokai
- Bob Moses: American civil rights activist.
- Pierre Lacroix: French rugby player, one of the best scrum half (half back).
- Tom Reamy: American science fiction and dark fantasy author and a key figure in 1960s and 1970s science fiction fandom.
- Mike Agostini: Trinidadian sprinter.
- Robert Moses: American educator and activist.
- Teresa Żylis-Gara: Lithuanian-Polish soprano and actress
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 23 January 1935
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?