Thursday 24 January 1935
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bamber Gascoigne and Shivabalayogi .
David Copperfield, directed by George Cukor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
while Vein of Iron by Ellen Glasgow was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 January 1935!
Which were the important events of 24 January 1935 ?
- Jim Ross Day - State of Oklahoma
- Roman Catholic Church - Feasts of St. Francis de Sales and Our Lady of Peace
- Roman Empire - first day of the Sementivae in honor of Ceres and Terra
- Bamber Gascoigne: British playwright, entertainer and host of "University Challenge.
- Shivabalayogi : Meditation guru in the tradition of the ancient and modern yogis of India.
- Eric Ashton: English rugby league footballer (Born 1935).
- 1st canned beer, Krueger Cream Ale, is sold by Kruger Brewing Company
- Canned beer makes its debut; the Gottfried Krueger Brewing Company delivers 2,000 cans of Krueger's Finest Beer and Krueger's Cream Ale to drinkers in Richmond, Virginia.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?