Friday 4 January 1935
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Kenneth Money and Floyd Patterson.
The Lives of a Bengal Lancer, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 January 1935!
Which were the important events of 4 January 1935 ?
- Spaghetti Day
- Ogoni Day
- The eleventh night and tenth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- Feast day of St Elizabeth Ann Seton
- Kenneth Money: in Canada; astronaut (STS 42-alternate).
- Floyd Patterson: American boxer, an Olympic gold medal and professional heavyweight champion.
- Walter Mahlendorf: German sprinter.
- Toru Terasawa: Japanese runner.
- Bob Hope 1st heard on network radio as part of The Intimate Revue
- Ft Jefferson National Monument, Florida established
- Fort Jefferson National Monument, Florida established.
- Dry Tortugas National Park is established.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1935 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Isle Of Capri - Ray Noble & His Orchestra (Vocal Al Bowlly)
- All Through the Night - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?