Wednesday 9 January 1935
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bob Denver and Dick Enberg.
The Lives of a Bengal Lancer, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
while Time Out of Mind by Rachel Field was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 January 1935!
Which were the important events of 9 January 1935 ?
- Balloon Ascension Day
- Philippines - Feast of the Black Nazarene in Quiapo district, Manila.
- 1788 - Ratification Day in Connecticut.
- 1822 - "I Will Stay" Day, when the Portuguese prince Pedro decided to stay in Brazil against the orders of the Portugal king Jopo VI, starting the Brazilian independence process.
- 1964 - Memorial day of Patriotic Panamanians for the Panama Canal (Martyrs' Day/Dia de los Martires).
- Eastern Orthodox - Feast of Saint Theophan the Recluse.
- Roman Catholic - Feast of Saint Adrian
- Stepfather's Day
- Bob Denver: American actor in film and TV, a comedian best known for his role in two TV comedy series.
- Dick Enberg: American sports announcer, Enberg began broadcasting in college.
- Dick Enberg in Mount Clemens: Michigan, USA; sportscaster (Where's Huddles).
- Bob Denver in New Rochelle: New York, USA; actor (Dobie Gillis, Gilligan - Gilligan's Island).
- Earl G Graves: Sr.
- Brian Harradine: Australian independent Senator.
- John McCormack: Known as "Cowboy" because of his bow legs, McCormack started boxing in 1950 at the age of fifteen.
- Earl Graves: Sr.
- Kenneth "Buddy" Scott: Blues guitarist / singer.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?