Wednesday 8 March 1916
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include R W and John W Seybold.
Silas Marner, directed by Ernest C. Warde, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 March 1916
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 March 1916!
Which were the important events of 8 March 1916 ?
- Saint Philemon (d. 305)
- Albania, Romania - Mother's Day.
- Catholicism Saint John of God.
- Hudson's Birthday - The Second Coming Of Christmas.
- Saint Humfried of Terwaan
- Saint Cyrillus of Africa
- R W: Schnell writer.
- John W Seybold: American businessman, father of computer typesetting (d. 2004).
- Yvon Petra: French tennis player, best remembered as the last Frenchman to win the Wimbledon championships men's singles title (in 1946), beating Geoff Brown in five sets in the final.
- US invades Cuba for third time, this to end corrupt Menocal regime.
- World War I: A British force unsuccessfully attempts to relieve the siege of Kut (present-day Iraq) in the Battle of Dujaila.
- March 9 ampndash Mexican Revolution: Pancho Villa leads about 500 Mexican raiders in an attack against Columbus, New Mexico, killing 12 U.S. soldiers. A garrison of the U.S. 13th Cavalry Regiment fights back and drives them away.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1916 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Everybody - Bert Williams
- We'll Build a Little Home in the U.S.A. - James F. Harrison & James Reed
- Stop, Look, and Listen (Medley) - Victor Military Band
- Old Folks at Home - Taylor Trio