Wednesday 8 March 1916
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include R W and John W Seybold.
Avatar, directed by Carmine Gallone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
while Seventeen by Booth Tarkington was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 March 1916!
Which were the important events of 8 March 1916 ?
- Saint Philemon (d. 305)
- Albania, Romania - Mother's Day.
- Catholicism Saint John of God.
- Hudson's Birthday - The Second Coming Of Christmas.
- Saint Humfried of Terwaan
- Saint Cyrillus of Africa
- R W: Schnell writer.
- John W Seybold: American businessman, father of computer typesetting (d. 2004).
- Yvon Petra: French tennis player, best remembered as the last Frenchman to win the Wimbledon championships men's singles title (in 1946), beating Geoff Brown in five sets in the final.
- US invades Cuba for third time, this to end corrupt Menocal regime.
- World War I: A British force unsuccessfully attempts to relieve the siege of Kut (present-day Iraq) in the Battle of Dujaila.
- March 9 ampndash Mexican Revolution: Pancho Villa leads about 500 Mexican raiders in an attack against Columbus, New Mexico, killing 12 U.S. soldiers. A garrison of the U.S. 13th Cavalry Regiment fights back and drives them away.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1916 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Casey's Description of His Fight - Russell Hunting (as Michael Casey)
- Go to Sleep, My Dusky Baby - Olive Kline & Elsie Baker & Marguerite Dunlap
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?