Sunday 26 March 1916
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Sterling Hayden and Christian Anfinsen.
The End of the World, directed by August Blom, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
while When a Man's a Man by Harold Bell Wright was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 March 1916!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 26 March 1916 ?
- Saint Emmanuel (died 304)
- Saint Ludger
- Saint Larissa
- Prince Kuhio Day in Hawaii
- Zoroastrianism - Prophet Zoroaster's Birthday.
- Sterling Hayden: American actor and author.
- Christian Anfinsen: American biochemist who won the Nobel Prize along with two others on 10/20/1972 for fundamental contributions to enzyme chemistry.
- Vic Schoen: Brooklyn, New York -- Orchestra leader (Patti Page Olds Show).
- Mort Abrahams producer (Dr Doolittle: Planet Of Apes).
- Bill Edrich: English cricketer and footballer (d. 1986).
- Harry Rabinowitz: South African-American composer and conductor.
- Birdman of Alcatraz receives solitary.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1916 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- George Wilton Ballard - M-O-T-H-E-R (A Word That Means the World to Me)
- My Mother's Rosary - Henry Burr
- The Lights of My Home Town - Peerless Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?