Tuesday 8 February 1916
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Silas Marner, directed by Ernest C. Warde, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 February 1916
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 February 1916!
Which were the important events of 8 February 1916 ?
- Nirvana Day - an annual Buddhist festival.
- Saint Jerome Emiliani.
- Saint Juventius
- Saint Mengold of Huy
- Saint Jacoba (d.1239)
- Slovenia - Pre?eren Day, the Slovenian cultural holiday.
- Boy Scouts of America - Scout Sunday; The Sunday preceding February 8 is designated as Scout Sunday and the following Saturday is designated as Scout Sabbath.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 08 February
- NL votes down Charlie Ebbets proposal to limit 25 cent seats
- French cruiser "Admiral Charner" torpedoed off Syrian coast, kills 374.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1916 ?
Top #6 songs in the USA
- M-O-T-H-E-R (A Word That Means the World to Me) - Henry Burr
- Araby - Harry Macdonough
- You'd Never Know That Old Home Town of Mine - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- He's Got a Bungalow - Arthur Fields
- When Old Bill Bailey Plays the Ukelele - Peerless Quartet
- Is There Still Room for Me 'Neath the Old Apple Tree? - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell