Thursday 8 March 1917
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include A Marja [ATE Mooy] and Arend Mooij.
A Tale of Two Cities, directed by Frank Lloyd, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
while The Light in the Clearing by Irving Bacheller was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 March 1917!
Which were the important events of 8 March 1917 ?
- Saint Philemon (d. 305)
- Albania, Romania - Mother's Day.
- Catholicism Saint John of God.
- Hudson's Birthday - The Second Coming Of Christmas.
- Saint Humfried of Terwaan
- Saint Cyrillus of Africa
Famous Birthdays:08 March
- Ferdinand von Zeppelin: German general and businessman founded the Zeppelin Airship Company (d. 1917).
- The United States Senate votes to limit filibusters by adopting the cloture rule.
- International Women's Day protests in St. Petersburg mark the beginning of the February Revolution (so named because it was February on the Julian calendar).
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1917 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- They're Wearing 'Em Higher in Hawaii - Morton Harvey
- Keep Your Eye on the Girlie You Love - Peerless Quartet
- Katinka (Medley) - Victor Military Band
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?