Friday June 08, 1906
US date format: 6/8/1906, UK date format: 8/6/1906
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini (see birth chart on June 8, 1906). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Sir Henry Campbell-Bannerman (Liberal), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Charles Janssens .
Holiday, directed by Isabella Eklöf, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of June 08, 1906?
- Saint Sabinianus, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Puy]
- World Ocean Day.
- Saint Audomar, bishop of ThTrouanne, confessor (Translation day)
- Saint Elphege, bishop, martyr (Translation day)
- See more
- Theodore Roosevelt signs the Antiquities Act into law, authorizing the President to restrict the use of certain parcels of public land with historical or conservation value.
- Charles Janssens: Belgium -- Actor (Mira, Malpertuis).
- Christian Frederik Emil Horneman: Composer, dies at 65.