Friday 8 June 1906
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Charles Janssens .
The Voice of Conscience, directed by Not Specified, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 June 1906
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 June 1906!
Which were the important events of 8 June 1906 ?
- Saint Sabinianus, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Puy]
- World Ocean Day.
- Saint Audomar, bishop of ThTrouanne, confessor (Translation day)
- Saint Elphege, bishop, martyr (Translation day)
- Saint Marius, hermit [GTZ: Clermont]
- Trojecia, virgin (at Rodez)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta.
- Blessed Chlodulph, bishop of Metz
- Blessed Gildard, bishop of Rouen, confessor
- Blessed Maximinus, bishop of Aix en Provence
- Blessed William, bishop of York, confessor
- Blessed Syra of Ireland, virgin
- Syria, virgin (at Troyes)
- saint Medard, bishop of Noyon, confessor [common]
- Charles Janssens: Belgium -- Actor (Mira, Malpertuis).
- Christian Frederik Emil Horneman: Composer, dies at 65.
- Theodore Roosevelt signs the Antiquities Act into law, authorizing the President to restrict the use of certain parcels of public land with historical or conservation value.
- Congress passes the Antiquities Act, to preserve historic sites against unauthorized excavation or destruction.