Friday 8 October 1943US date format: 10/8/1943, UK date format: 8/10/1943
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 8, 1943). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Chevy Chase and R L Stine.
Lassie Come Home, directed by Fred M. Wilcox, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 October 1943
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 October 1943!
Which were the important events of 8 October 1943 ?
- French Republican Calendar - Citrouille (Pumpkin) Day, seventeenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 8 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bolivia - reportedly, Che Guevara is honoured on this day at which he was captured in La Higuera, as San Ernesto, answering prayers for rain.
- Wales and Cornwall - Saint Keyne
- RC Saints - Saint Susan of Blois
- Chevy Chase: American comedian and actor who began as a writer.
- R L Stine: American author.
- Jean-Paul Bertrand: French publisher, who published several works of Jean Cocteau and texts on spirituality and esotericism before supporting the works of controversial writers, including Marc-Édouard Nabe and Michel Houellebecq.
- Paul Van Himst: Belgium sport Champion.
- Oliver North: Soldier.
- R Stine: American author screenwriter and producer.
- RL Stine: Young Adult Author.
- James Edward Sellars: Composer.
- Chevy Chase in New York City: New York, USA; comedian/actor (Saturday Night Live, Vacation, Fletch, Caddyshack).
- Great-Britain establishes bases on Azores