Friday 8 October 1943
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include James Edward Sellars and Chevy Chase in New York City.
Lassie Come Home, directed by Fred M. Wilcox, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
while So Little Time by John P. Marquand was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 October 1943!
Which were the important events of 8 October 1943 ?
- French Republican Calendar - Citrouille (Pumpkin) Day, seventeenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 8 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bolivia - reportedly, Che Guevara is honoured on this day at which he was captured in La Higuera, as San Ernesto, answering prayers for rain.
- Wales and Cornwall - Saint Keyne
- RC Saints - Saint Susan of Blois
- James Edward Sellars: Composer.
- Chevy Chase in New York City: New York, USA; comedian/actor (Saturday Night Live, Vacation, Fletch, Caddyshack).
- R L Stine: American author.
- Jean-Paul Bertrand: French publisher, who published several works of Jean Cocteau and texts on spirituality and esotericism before supporting the works of controversial writers, including Marc-Édouard Nabe and Michel Houellebecq.
- Chevy Chase: American comedian and actor who began as a writer.
- Paul Van Himst: Belgium sport Champion
- RL Stine: Young Adult Author
- R Stine: American author screenwriter and producer
- Great-Britain establishes bases on Azores
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?