Saturday 16 October 1943
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Didier Bariani and Christopher Mitchum.
Lassie Come Home, directed by Fred M. Wilcox, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
while A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 October 1943!
Which were the important events of 16 October 1943 ?
- Didier Bariani: French politician who served as Secretary of State, 1986-1988.
- Christopher Mitchum
- Serge Sautereau
- Fred Turner: Canadian singer-songwriter and bass player (Bachman Turner Overdrive and Brave Belt).
- C Fred Turner: Rock bassist / vocalist (Bachman-Turner Overdrive).
- Fred Turner Canadian bass player (Bachman: Turner Overdrive).
- Chris Mitchum: American noted family and actor, the younger son of Robert Mitchum who has been onscreen from 1969 in some 32 films as of 1985.
- Anti Jewish riot in Rome
- Jewish quarter of Rome surrounded by Nazis, they are sent to Auschwitz
- US 1st Army establishes headquarter in Bristol
- Chicago Mayor Ed Kelly opens city's new subway system.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?