Tuesday 19 October 1943
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Morris and Robin Greville Holloway.
Lassie Come Home, directed by Fred M. Wilcox, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
while The Robe by Lloyd C. Douglas was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 October 1943!
Which were the important events of 19 October 1943 ?
- Niue - Constitution Day in honour of the country's independence (self-governing in free association with New Zealand) in 1974.
- Brazil - Independence Day of State of Piauf
- Albania - Mother Teresa Day.
- Also see October 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman Catholic Saints - Saints Jean de BrTbeuf, Isaac Jogues, and Companions; Saint Frideswide
- Roman festivals - Armilustrium in honor of Mars
- French Republican Calendar - Tomate (Tomato) Day, twenty-eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Robert Morris: Composer.
- Robin Greville Holloway: Composer.
- Robin Holloway: English composer and academic.
- Takis Ikonomopoulos: Greek footballer and coach.
- L Modesitt: Jr.
- Camille Claudel: French artist and noted family, the sister of the noted poet Paul Claudel.
- Conference of foreign ministers in Moscow
- Theater Guild presentation of Othello opens at Shubert
- Yankee 2nd baseman Joe Gordon announces retirement (hates NY)
- Streptomycin, the first antibiotic remedy for tuberculosis, is isolated by researchers at Rutgers University.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?