Tuesday 19 October 1943US date format: 10/19/1943, UK date format: 19/10/1943
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 19, 1943). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Robin Greville Holloway and Robert Morris.
Guadalcanal Diary, directed by Lewis Seiler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 October 1943
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 October 1943!
Which were the important events of 19 October 1943 ?
- Niue - Constitution Day in honour of the country's independence (self-governing in free association with New Zealand) in 1974.
- Brazil - Independence Day of State of Piauf
- Albania - Mother Teresa Day.
- Also see October 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman Catholic Saints - Saints Jean de BrTbeuf, Isaac Jogues, and Companions; Saint Frideswide
- Roman festivals - Armilustrium in honor of Mars
- French Republican Calendar - Tomate (Tomato) Day, twenty-eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Robert Morris: Composer.
- Robin Greville Holloway: Composer.
- Robin Holloway: English composer and academic.
- Takis Ikonomopoulos: Greek footballer and coach.
- L Modesitt: Jr.
- Camille Claudel: French artist and noted family, the sister of the noted poet Paul Claudel.
- Conference of foreign ministers in Moscow
- Theater Guild presentation of Othello opens at Shubert
- Yankee 2nd baseman Joe Gordon announces retirement (hates NY)
- Streptomycin, the first antibiotic remedy for tuberculosis, is isolated by researchers at Rutgers University.