Friday 22 October 1943
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Allen James Coage and Robert Long [Leverman].
Guadalcanal Diary, directed by Lewis Seiler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 October 1943!
Which were the important events of 22 October 1943 ?
- Allen James Coage: NYC, New York -- HW judo (1976 Olympics - Bronze Medalist).
- Robert Long [Leverman]: Dutch singer / actor (Vroeger Kon je Lachen).
- Paul Zukofsky in Brooklyn: New York, USA; violinist (Cappricio).
- Jan Bont: Dutch-American film maker, a multimillionaire with his thriller hit movie "Speed" followed by "Twister.
- Catherine Deneuve: French film actress and businesswoman.
- Allen Coage: American-Canadian wrestler and coach (d. 2007)
- Catherine Coulson: American actress (d. 2015)
- Jan de Bont: Dutch director producer and cinematographer
- Seif Hamad: Zanzibari politician 2nd Chief Minister of Zanzibar
- Robert Long: Dutch singer-songwriter and actor (d. 2006)
- Josef Venantius von Woss: Composer, dies at 80.
- World War II: in the Second firestorm raid on Germany, the Royal Air Force conducts an air raid on the town of Kassel, killing 10,000 and rendering 150,000 homeless.
- WWII: The RAF delivers a highly destructive airstrike on the German industrial and population center of Kassel.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 22 October 1943
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?