Thursday 21 October 1943US date format: 10/21/1943, UK date format: 21/10/1943
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 21, 1943). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Nicole Josy and Paula Kelly in Jacksonville.
Guadalcanal Diary, directed by Lewis Seiler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 October 1943
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 October 1943!
Which were the important events of 21 October 1943 ?
- Republic of China - Overseas Chinese Day
- French Republican Calendar - Tonneau (Barrel) Day, thirtieth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- In the comic novel Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett, the Earth was born on this day in 4004 BC, within a quarter of an hour of 9 in the morning. This was supposedly because God liked to get things over with early.
- R.C. saints - Saint Ursula and her 11 (or 11000) virgins; Saint Hilarion
- Trafalgar Day ? celebrated throughout much of the British Empire in the 19th and early 20th Century.
- Also see October 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day of the Nacho ? celebrated in the United States and Mexico since the early 1990s.
- Diwali in India (2006)
- Nicole Josy
- Frans LAJ Wolters: Economist / Dutch MP (PvdA).
- Paula Kelly in Jacksonville: Florida, USA; dancer/actress (Liz - Night Court).
- Ron Elliott: Rocker.
- Tariq Ali: Pakistani historian and author.
- Alfred DPR Pound: British Admiral / 1st Sealord (Jutland, WWII).
- Lucie Aubrac and others in her French Resistance cell liberate Raymond Aubrac from Gestapo imprisonment.