Sunday 24 October 1943
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Theodor Stolojan and Jose Serrano.
Guadalcanal Diary, directed by Lewis Seiler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
while So Little Time by John P. Marquand was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 October 1943!
Which were the important events of 24 October 1943 ?
- Also see October 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In The Fellowship of the Ring, by J.R.R. Tolkien, the date is mentioned to Frodo Baggins by Gandalf upon his waking in Rivendell.
- Discordianism - Maladay
- Zambia - Independence Day (1964)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Antonio Maria Claret
- United Nations Day (charter 1945)
- Theodor Stolojan
- Jose Serrano: (Rep-D-New York).
- Bill Dundee: Australian professional wrestler who was raised in Melbourne and at the age of 16 joined the circus as a trapeze artist.
- Carlo Senoner
- Phil Hawthorne: Australian rugby player and coach.
- Corky Siegel: American singer-songwriter and pianist (Siegel Schwall Band).
- Hector de Saint-Denys Garneau: Canadian poet and painter (d. 1943).
- Anti-Nazi Clandestine Radio Soldatsender Calais begins transmitting.
- WWII: HMS Eclipse (H08) is sunk by a mine.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?