Sunday 17 October 1943US date format: 10/17/1943, UK date format: 17/10/1943
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 17, 1943). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Margie Sudre and Henry Ramos Allup.
Son of Dracula, directed by Robert Siodmak, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 October 1943
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 October 1943!
Which were the important events of 17 October 1943 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Ignatius of Antioch; translation of Saint Audrey (�thelthryth); Saint Richard Gwyn
- United States - Black Poetry Day
- UN International Day for the Eradication of Poverty
- French Republican Calendar - Aubergine (Eggplant) Day, twenty-sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Haiti - Jean-Jacques Dessalines (1806), State holiday
- Margie Sudre
- Henry Ramos Allup
- Susan Davenny Wyner in New Haven: Connecticut, USA; soprano (Walter Naumberg Prize).
- Stefan Starzynski: Polish politician (Born 1893).
- Liberators sink U-540 and U-631
- Burma Railway (Burma-Thailand Railway) is completed.
- WWII: The last commerce raider ''hilfskreuzer Michel'', was sunk off Japan by United States submarine ''Tarpon''.