Saturday 30 October 1943US date format: 10/30/1943, UK date format: 30/10/1943
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on October 30, 1943). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean Régil and Joanna Shimkus.
The North Star, directed by Lewis Milestone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 30 October 1943
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 October 1943!
Which were the important events of 30 October 1943 ?
- St. Marcel
- Bl. John Slade
- St. Theonestus
- St. Talacrian
- St. Herbert
- St. Serapion
- USA - Mischief Night in some areas (known as Devil's Night in Detroit)
- St. Macarius
- Also see October 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Zenobius & Zenobia
- St. Saturninus
- St. Dorothy of Montau
- St. Artemas
- St. Arilda
- St. Alfonso Rodrfguez
- Calendar of Saints - October 30th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Bl. Angelus of Acri
- St. Maximus
- Jean Régil
- Joanna Shimkus: Halifax, Nova Scotia -- Actress (Marriage of a Young Stockbroker).
- Claude Lucas: French homicide, a thief and killer; he has written several books, none of which were translated into English.
- Don Simpson: Producer.
- Paul Claes: Belgian poet and translator.
- David Triesman: Baron Triesman English union leader and politician.
- Italian director Federico Fellini marries actress Giulietta Masina
- Molotov-Eden-Cordell Hull accord over operations at UN
- Soviet forces under Tolbuchin stick Sivash-bay about
- The Merrie Melodies animated short ''Falling Hare'', one of the only shorts with Bugs getting out-smarted, is released in the United States.