Saturday 30 October 1943
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Claude Lucas and Paul Claes.
The North Star, directed by Lewis Milestone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
while The Human Comedy by William Saroyan was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 October 1943!
Which were the important events of 30 October 1943 ?
- St. Marcel
- Bl. John Slade
- St. Theonestus
- St. Talacrian
- St. Herbert
- St. Serapion
- USA - Mischief Night in some areas (known as Devil's Night in Detroit)
- St. Macarius
- Also see October 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Zenobius & Zenobia
- St. Saturninus
- St. Dorothy of Montau
- St. Artemas
- St. Arilda
- St. Alfonso Rodrfguez
- Calendar of Saints - October 30th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Bl. Angelus of Acri
- St. Maximus
- Claude Lucas: French homicide, a thief and killer; he has written several books, none of which were translated into English.
- Paul Claes: Belgian poet and translator.
- Joanna Shimkus: Halifax, Nova Scotia -- Actress (Marriage of a Young Stockbroker).
- David Triesman: Baron Triesman English union leader and politician.
- Italian director Federico Fellini marries actress Giulietta Masina
- Molotov-Eden-Cordell Hull accord over operations at UN
- Soviet forces under Tolbuchin stick Sivash-bay about
- The Merrie Melodies animated short ''Falling Hare'', one of the only shorts with Bugs getting out-smarted, is released in the United States.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1943 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Oh, What A Beautiful Morning - Bing Crosby & Trudy Erwin
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?