Wednesday 6 October 1943US date format: 10/6/1943, UK date format: 6/10/1943
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 6, 1943). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ottavio Bianchi and Richard Caborn.
Lassie Come Home, directed by Fred M. Wilcox, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 October 1943
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 October 1943!
Which were the important events of 6 October 1943 ?
- Judaism - Fast of Gedalia (2005)
- Egypt - National Day or Victory Day; celebrates the results of the October war in 1973
- U.S. - German-American Day observed since 1987; Mad Hatter Day
- French Republican Calendar - �ne (Donkey) Day, fifteenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Ireland - Ivy Day, formerly honoring the Irish revolutionary Padraig Pearse, commemmorates the death of Charles Stewart Parnell.
- Also see October 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Bruno, St Faith
- Ottavio Bianchi: Italian soccer coach.
- Richard Caborn: English engineer and politician Minister for Sport and the Olympics.
- Michael Durrell: American actor.
- Gilles Clément
- Bernard Fixot: French publisher, founder and Chairman of the board of publishing house XO Editions.
- Alexander Maxovich Shilov: Russian painter.
- Josée Dayan: French film director, screenwriter and producer.
- Michael Morpurgo: Author.
- Alexander Shilov: Russian painter.
- Cees Veerman: Dutch singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Cats) (d. 2014).
- Trygve Hegnar: Norwegian businessperson, investor and chief editor of the business magazines Kapital and Finansavisen, founded by Hegnar himself in 1971 and 1992 respectively.
- Ginny Brown-Waite: Politician.
- Ben Cardin: Politician.
- Michael Durrell in Brooklyn: New York, USA; actor (Shannon, V, Alice, Chiefs).
- Udo Zimmermann: Composer.
- Robert Cooper: American astrologer, AFA's third executive secretary 12/31/1970 (succeeding Paul Grell), after 25 years experience in engineering and management.
- Battle at Vella Lavella, Solomon Island
- Himmler wants acceleration of Final Solution