Wednesday 12 June 1957
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 12, 1957). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Timothy Busfield and Mike Bullard.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Love Letters In The Sand by Pat Boone.
In UK Yes Tonight Josephine by Johnnie Ray was in the top 5 hits.
Sweet Smell of Success, directed by Alexander Mackendrick, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Organization Man by William H. Whyte Jr was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Leave It to Beaver.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 June 1957
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 June 1957!
Which were the important events of 12 June 1957 ?
- Blessed Ternan, bishop, confessor [ GTZ: Scotland]
- Blessed John of Sahagun, hermit, confessor
- Roman Empire ? sixth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Philippines ? Araw ng Kalayaan (Independence Day) 1898
- Russian Federation ? Russia Day (Independence Day) 1990
- United Kingdom ? Trooping the Colour (Military celebration of the monarch's official birthday held in London on the second Saturday of June)
- Brazil ? Dia dos Namorados (Lover's Day; similar to St. Valentine's)
- World Day Against Child Labor
- Saints Basilides, Quirinus, Nabor and Nazarius (and Celsus), martyrs
- Saint Pharaildis, virgin [GTZ: Artois]
- Blessed Eskill, bishop, martyr [ GTZ: Scandinavia]
- Saint Ursinus, bishop of Bourges, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: Rouen]
- Saint Leo III died 816
- Saint Odulf of Oirschot died 865
- Blessed Guido (died 1250)
- Saints Nabor and Nazarius, martyrs [GTZ: St. Avold]
- Blessed Onuphrius, monk
- Saint Rufus, bishop, martyr [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Cunera [HCC]
- Timothy Busfield: American actor director and producer.
- Mike Bullard: Canadian comedian and late night talk show host of his own program.
- Jacques Davidovici
- David Thomson
- Timothy Busfield in East Lansing: Michigan, USA; actor (Elliot - 30 Something).
- Javed Miandad: Pakistani cricketer and coach.
- Jim Morris: Impressionist / comedian (Ronald Reagan, George Bush).
- Stan Musial plays in 823rd game (new NL consecutive-game streak)
- Paul Anderson of US back-lifts a record 2850kg (6,270 pounds).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1957 ?
Top #11 songs in the USA
- Pat Boone - Love Letters In The Sand
- Elvis Presley - All Shook Up
- Marty Robbins - A White Sport Coat (And A Pink Carnation)
- Jimmy Dorsey - So Rare
- The Diamonds - Little Darlin'
- Gale Storm - Dark Moon
- School Day (Ring Ring Goes the Bell) - Chuck Berry
- Bonnie Guitar - Dark Moon
- Perry Como - Round And Round
- The Dell-Vikings - Come Go With Me
- Ferlin Husky - Gone
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?