Wednesday 8 September 2010
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Love The Way You Lie by Eminem.
The Town, directed by Ben Affleck, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching JonTron.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Arsenal of Democracy or Atari Greatest Hits Volume 1.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 September 2010!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 8 September 2010 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 08 September
- The New South Wales parliament votes to legalise adoption by same sex couples in Australia's most populous state. (AAP via Sydney Morning Herald)
- Mexican marines arrest seven gunmen suspected in participating in the massacre of 72 Central and South American migrants in San Fernando, Tamaulipas. (AP via Fox News)
- A Charities Aid Foundation survey finds that Australia, New Zealand and Canada are the most generous contributors to charity. (Canadian Press via Google News)
- Two workers are missing and more than thirty workers are trapped in an oil rig in the Shengli oil field off Dongying in China's Shandong province. (AFP via Google News)
- The state of emergency in Christchurch, New Zealand, is extended for another week following an aftershock to Saturday's earthquake in Lyttelton. (''Sydney Morning Herald'')
- Eight people are missing and at least fifty-four houses are destroyed in a wildfire burning west of Boulder, Colorado, in the United States. (CNN)
- The remnants of Tropical Storm Hermine causes widespread flooding in the US states of Texas and Oklahoma with at least two people dead. (AP via Yahoo! News)
- South Korea unveils sanctions against Iran for its nuclear program. (Xinhua via Sina)
- Japan detains a Chinese fishing boat found near the disputed Pinnacle Islands in the East China Sea. (Xinhua)
- Police in Europe shut down 49 servers and detain ten people in a raid across thirteen countries in a crackdown on film piracy. (AFP via the ''Melbourne Age'')
- The United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit dismisses a lawsuit associated with the Central Intelligence Agency's practice of ampquotextraordinary renditionampquot. (''New York Times'')
- The Parliament of Sri Lanka passes the 18th Amendment to the Constitution of Sri Lanka which removes the two-term limit on the presidency and allows him to choose the judges and commissioners monitoring elections, human rights, and other affairs. (The Australian)
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2010 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?