Monday 9 August 1954
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 9, 1954). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Pierre Mongin and Alex Hill.
In UK Cara Mia by David Whitfield With Mantovani & His Orchestra was in the top 5 hits.
The Beachcomber, directed by Muriel Box, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while The Reason Why by Cecil Woodham-Smith was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Toi et moi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 August 1954
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 August 1954!
Which were the important events of 9 August 1954 ?
- St. Nathy (or David)
- Feast day of the great martyr Saint Panteleimon in Russian Orthodox Church
- St. Fedlimid/Felimy
- St. Romanus Ostiarius
- St. Edith Stein
- Singapore: National Day
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Jean Vianney
- Pierre Mongin: French senior official, prefect, CEO of RATP Group from July 2006 to 30 April 2015, and Deputy CEO of GDF Suez since 1 May 2015.
- Alex Hill: Scottish meteorologist who entered TV as a weatherman for Scotland Today, 1981-1984.
- Ray Jennings: South African cricketer and coach.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1954 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Patti Page - What A Dream
- Cara Mia - David Whitfield (Mantovani & His Orchestra)
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?