Thursday 9 January 1930US date format: 1/9/1930, UK date format: 9/1/1930
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 9, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include James Renier .
Anna Christie, directed by Clarence Brown, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 January 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 January 1930!
Which were the important events of 9 January 1930 ?
- Balloon Ascension Day
- Philippines - Feast of the Black Nazarene in Quiapo district, Manila.
- 1788 - Ratification Day in Connecticut.
- 1822 - "I Will Stay" Day, when the Portuguese prince Pedro decided to stay in Brazil against the orders of the Portugal king Jopo VI, starting the Brazilian independence process.
- 1964 - Memorial day of Patriotic Panamanians for the Panama Canal (Martyrs' Day/Dia de los Martires).
- Eastern Orthodox - Feast of Saint Theophan the Recluse.
- Roman Catholic - Feast of Saint Adrian
- Stepfather's Day
- James Renier: American chemist and CEO of Honeywell, a manufacturing corporation.
- Edward W Buck: Dutch/US editor (Ladies Home Journal), dies at age 66.
- Boston Bruins wins then NHL record 14th straight game