Wednesday 9 January 1918
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Alma Ziegler .
'49-'17, directed by Ruth Ann Baldwin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 January 1918
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 January 1918!
Which were the important events of 9 January 1918 ?
- Balloon Ascension Day
- Philippines - Feast of the Black Nazarene in Quiapo district, Manila.
- 1788 - Ratification Day in Connecticut.
- 1822 - "I Will Stay" Day, when the Portuguese prince Pedro decided to stay in Brazil against the orders of the Portugal king Jopo VI, starting the Brazilian independence process.
- 1964 - Memorial day of Patriotic Panamanians for the Panama Canal (Martyrs' Day/Dia de los Martires).
- Eastern Orthodox - Feast of Saint Theophan the Recluse.
- Roman Catholic - Feast of Saint Adrian
- Stepfather's Day
- Alma Ziegler: American baseball player and golfer (d. 2005).
- Emile Reynaud: French scientist (Born 1844).
- Battle of Bear Valley: The last battle of the American Indian Wars.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1918 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Melody Land - Shannon Four
- The Old Grey Mare - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan