Friday June 9, 1989
This day in 30 sec.
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 9, 1989). The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Tanya Burr and Julie Bresset.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Wind Beneath My Wings by Bette Midler.
In UK Sealed With A Kiss by Jason Donovan was in the top 5 hits.
Licence to Kill, directed by John Glen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while We Are Still Married by Garrison Keillor was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Split Ends.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cyber Police ESWAT or Fire Shark Same! Same! Same!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 June 1989
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 June 1989!
Which were the important events of 9 June 1989 ?
- Saint Efrem=Saint Ephraim, deacon, Doctor of the Church
- Blessed Diana d'Andalo
- Saint Pelagia, virgin, martyr [BLS]
- Saint Vincent, deacon, martyr [BLS]
- Blessed Richard, bishop of Andria, Apulia
- Saint Liborius, bishop (of LeMans), confessor [GTZ: LeMans]
- Saint Edmund, bishop of Canturbury, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: England]
- Saint Diomedes
- =? Blessed Columba, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Scotland]
- Saint Columba (called Saint Columcille in Ireland, where he is honoured as one of the islands three patron saints)
- Saint Alexander, martyr [GTZ: Russia]
- Roman Empire paganism - third day of the Vestalia in honor of the goddess Vesta
- Saint Primus and Felicianus, martyrs [common]
- Tanya Burr: YouTube Star.
- Julie Bresset: French mountain bike racer, she won the Gold medal at the 2012 Olympics.
- Dan Clermont: Guitarist.
- Logan Browning: Movie Actress.
- Richard Fleeshman: Actor.
- Nina Kodaka: Japanese-Filipino television host.
- Dídac Vilà: Spanish footballer.
- Chloë Agnew: Irish singer (Celtic Woman).
- Chloe Agnew: Irish singer (Celtic Woman).
- Star Trek V: The Final Frontier, premieres in USA
- Michael Chang's French Open win makes him youngest male (age 17) to go to finals.
- Rare tornado in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA kills one.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bette Midler - Wind Beneath My Wings
- New Kids On The Block - I'll Be Loving You (Forever)
- Bobby Brown - Every Little Step
- Michael Damian - Rock On
- Neneh Cherry - Buffalo Stance
- Guns N' Roses - Patience
- Richard Marx - Satisfied
- Donny Osmond - Soldier Of Love
- Lita Ford - Close My Eyes Forever
- Synch - Where Are You Now?
Top #10 R&B songs
- De La Soul - Me Myself And I
- The O'Jays - Have You Had Your Love Today
- Atlantic Starr - My First Love
- Mr. D.J. - Joyce "Fenderella" Irby
- Lisa Lisa And Cult Jam - Little Jackie Wants To Be A Star
- Slick Rick - Children's Story
- Tony Toni Tone - For The Love Of You
- BeBe & CeCe Winans - Lost Without You
- Natalie Cole - Miss You Like Crazy
- Luther Vandross - For You To Love
Top #10 Latin songs
- La Incondicional - Luis Miguel
- Jose Luis Rodriguez - BAILA MI RUMBA
- AMANDOTE Y SONANDOTE - Braulio
- Como Tu - Jose Jose
- Este Ritmo Se Baila Asi - Chayanne
- Ya No Puedo Volver Contigo - Marisela
- MALA SUERTE - Vikki Carr
- Te Amo - Franco de Vita
- Solo Con Un Beso - Ricardo Montaner
- Ana Gabriel - Simplemente Amigos
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?