Friday 9 June 1989
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Chloe Agnew and Julie Bresset.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Wind Beneath My Wings by Bette Midler.
In UK Sealed With A Kiss by Jason Donovan was in the top 5 hits.
Ghostbusters II, directed by Ivan Reitman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while Innumeracy by John Allen Paulos was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Mornin' Sarge.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Golden Axe or HardBall II.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 June 1989!
Which were the important events of 9 June 1989 ?
- Saint Efrem=Saint Ephraim, deacon, Doctor of the Church
- Blessed Diana d'Andalo
- Saint Pelagia, virgin, martyr [BLS]
- Saint Vincent, deacon, martyr [BLS]
- Blessed Richard, bishop of Andria, Apulia
- Saint Liborius, bishop (of LeMans), confessor [GTZ: LeMans]
- Saint Edmund, bishop of Canturbury, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: England]
- Saint Diomedes
- =? Blessed Columba, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Scotland]
- Saint Columba (called Saint Columcille in Ireland, where he is honoured as one of the islands three patron saints)
- Saint Alexander, martyr [GTZ: Russia]
- Roman Empire paganism - third day of the Vestalia in honor of the goddess Vesta
- Saint Primus and Felicianus, martyrs [common]
- Chloe Agnew: Irish singer (Celtic Woman).
- Julie Bresset: French mountain bike racer, she won the Gold medal at the 2012 Olympics.
- Dan Clermont: Guitarist.
- Logan Browning: Movie Actress.
- Tanya Burr: YouTube Star.
- Chloë Agnew: Irish singer (Celtic Woman)
- Nina Kodaka: Japanese-Filipino television host
- Dídac Vilà: Spanish footballer
- Star Trek V: The Final Frontier, premieres in USA
- Michael Chang's French Open win makes him youngest male (age 17) to go to finals.
- Rare tornado in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA kills one.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bette Midler - Wind Beneath My Wings
- New Kids On The Block - I'll Be Loving You (Forever)
- Bobby Brown - Every Little Step
- Michael Damian - Rock On
- Neneh Cherry - Buffalo Stance
- Guns N' Roses - Patience
- Richard Marx - Satisfied
- Donny Osmond - Soldier Of Love
- Lita Ford - Close My Eyes Forever
- Synch - Where Are You Now?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?