Tuesday 9 November 1920
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 9, 1920). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Byron De La Beckwith and Philip Hodge.
Westward Ho, directed by Robert N. Bradbury, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 November 1920
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 November 1920!
Which were the important events of 9 November 1920 ?
- Roman Catholicism - Dedication of the Basilica di San Giovanni in Laterano, Cathedral of the Pope (memorial feast day)
- Also see November 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Cambodia - Independence Day (1953)
- Pakistan - Allama Iqbal Day (1877)
- Germany - November 9th is often called Germany's Schicksalstag (day of fate) due to the events of 1848, 1918, 1923, 1938, and 1989.
- Europe - Inventor's Day - in honor of Hedy Lamarr's birthday
- United States - World Freedom Day, to commenerate the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989
- Byron De La Beckwith: American assassin, white supremacist (d. 2001).
- Philip Hodge: American engineer and academic (d. 2014).
- Saint Nectarios: Eastern Orthodox Metropolitan of Pentapolis (Born 1846).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1920 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Dardanella Blues - Billy Murray & Ed Smalle
- I'll be with You in Apple Blossom Time - Charles Harrison
- The Japanese Sandman - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- The Girls of My Dreams - John Steel