Friday 9 November 1923
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dorothy Dandridge and Alice [Davis] Coachman.
The Extra Girl, directed by F. Richard Jones, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 November 1923
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 November 1923!
Which were the important events of 9 November 1923 ?
- Roman Catholicism - Dedication of the Basilica di San Giovanni in Laterano, Cathedral of the Pope (memorial feast day)
- Also see November 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Cambodia - Independence Day (1953)
- Pakistan - Allama Iqbal Day (1877)
- Germany - November 9th is often called Germany's Schicksalstag (day of fate) due to the events of 1848, 1918, 1923, 1938, and 1989.
- Europe - Inventor's Day - in honor of Hedy Lamarr's birthday
- United States - World Freedom Day, to commenerate the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989
- Alice [Davis] Coachman: Albany, Georgia -- High jumper (1948 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Dorothy Dandridge: Cleveland, Ohio -- Actress / singer / dancer (Porgy & Bess).
- Howard Brundage: American publisher, advertising executive.
- Alice Coachman: American high jumper (d. 2014).
- Elizabeth Hawley: American-Nepali journalist and historian.
- James Schuyler: American poet and author (d. 1991).
- In Munich, Germany, police and government troops crush the Beer Hall Putsch in Bavaria. The failed coup is the work of the Nazis.