Monday 5 November 1923
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ian Arthur Hoyle Munro and Rudolf Augstein.
Chi to rei, directed by Kenji Mizoguchi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
while Babbitt by Sinclair Lewis was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 November 1923!
Which were the important events of 5 November 1923 ?
- R.C. Saints - November 5th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Bertilia
- St. Laetus
- Pope Zachary
- St. Sylvia
- St. Magnus
- St. Galation
- St. Fibitius
- St. Felix and Eusebius
- St. Elizabeth
- St. Dominator
- Ancient Latvia - the festival Katrina
- United Kingdom and New Zealand - Guy Fawkes night (also called Bonfire night; or Fireworks night): Failure of the Gunpowder Plot to blow up Parliament in 1605 is celebrated with bonfires and fireworks.
- St. Domninus
- Ian Arthur Hoyle Munro: Medical journalist.
- Rudolf Augstein: One of the most influential German journalists, founder and part-owner of Der Spiegel magazine.
- Jacques d'Adelsward-Fersen: French novelist (Born 1880).
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1923 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Dreams of India - Benson Orchestra of Chicago
- Indiana Moon - Carl Fenton & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?