Thursday 1 November 1923
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Victoria de Los Angeles and Gordon R[upert] Dickson.
The Extra Girl, directed by F. Richard Jones, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
What the sky looked like on 1 November 1923
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 November 1923!
Which were the important events of 1 November 1923 ?
- Also see November 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Start of National Novel Writing Month
- World Vegan Day
- Mexico - The Day of the Dead
- Ireland - Samhain the traditional first day of Winter
- Algeria - National day
- Catholicism - Holy Day of Obligation, All Saints Day. Holiday in Austria, Belgium, Croatia, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Mexico, The Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia, Spain, Guatemala.
- Roman festivals - last day of the Ludi Victoriae Sullanae.
- Antigua and Barbuda - Independence Day (from Britain, 1981)
- Victoria de Los Angeles
- Gordon R[upert] Dickson: Canada -- Sci-fi author (Genetic General).
- Victoria de los Angeles: Spanish soprano (d. 2005).
- Gordon R Dickson: Canadian author (d. 2001).
- Ernest Blanc: French opera singer, baritone.
- Edward A de Jongh: Antillian author (The Arch).
- Gordon Dickson: Canadian-American author (d. 2001).
- Menachem Elon: German-Israeli academic and jurist (d. 2013).
- Carlos Vilaró: Uruguayan painter and sculptor (d. 2014).
- Victoria De los Ángeles: Spanish operatic lyric coloratura soprano and recitalist whose career began after the Second World War and reached its height in the years from the mid-1950s to the mid-1960s.
- Bruno E Lucander forms Aero E / Y (Finnair)
- The Finnish flag carrier Finnair airline is started in Aero Oy.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1923 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Dreams of India - Benson Orchestra of Chicago
- Indiana Moon - Carl Fenton & His Orchestra