Thursday 1 November 1923
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 1, 1923). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Victoria de Los Angeles and Gordon R[upert] Dickson.
The Extra Girl, directed by F. Richard Jones, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 November 1923
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 November 1923!
Which were the important events of 1 November 1923 ?
- Also see November 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Start of National Novel Writing Month
- World Vegan Day
- Mexico - The Day of the Dead
- Ireland - Samhain the traditional first day of Winter
- Algeria - National day
- Catholicism - Holy Day of Obligation, All Saints Day. Holiday in Austria, Belgium, Croatia, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Mexico, The Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia, Spain, Guatemala.
- Roman festivals - last day of the Ludi Victoriae Sullanae.
- Antigua and Barbuda - Independence Day (from Britain, 1981)
- Victoria de Los Angeles
- Gordon R[upert] Dickson: Canada -- Sci-fi author (Genetic General).
- Victoria de los Angeles: Spanish soprano (d. 2005).
- Gordon R Dickson: Canadian author (d. 2001).
- Ernest Blanc: French opera singer, baritone.
- Edward A de Jongh: Antillian author (The Arch).
- Gordon Dickson: Canadian-American author (d. 2001).
- Menachem Elon: German-Israeli academic and jurist (d. 2013).
- Carlos Vilaró: Uruguayan painter and sculptor (d. 2014).
- Victoria De los Ángeles: Spanish operatic lyric coloratura soprano and recitalist whose career began after the Second World War and reached its height in the years from the mid-1950s to the mid-1960s.
- Bruno E Lucander forms Aero E / Y (Finnair)
- The Finnish flag carrier Finnair airline is started in Aero Oy.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1923 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Dreams of India - Benson Orchestra of Chicago
- Indiana Moon - Carl Fenton & His Orchestra