Thursday 22 November 1923
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Paul Cuvelier and Hanna Maron.
The Ten Commandments, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
while Black Oxen by Gertrude Atherton was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 November 1923!
Which were the important events of 22 November 1923 ?
- R.C. Saints - Feast of Saint Cecilia
- Also see November 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Lebanon - Independence Day (from France, 1943)
- Family Day begins in 2005
- Astrology: usually the first day of sun sign Sagittarius
- Paul Cuvelier: Belgian comics artist best known for the comic series Corentin, published by Le Lombard, which first appeared in the first issue of Tintin.
- Hanna Maron: Israeli actress and theater personality.
- Arthur Hiller: Canadian actor director and producer.
- Dika Newlin: American singer-songwriter and pianist (d. 2006).
- Coolidge pardons WWI German spy Lothar Witzke, sentenced to death
- US President Calvin Coolidge pardons WW I German spy Lothar Witzke, sentenced to death.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1923 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- No, No, Nora - Eddie Cantor
- I've Got the Yes! We Have No Bananas Blues - Eddie Cantor
- That Old Gang of Mine - Benson Orchestra of Chicago
- Georgia Blues - Ethel Waters
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?