Saturday 17 November 1923
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Michel Fleury and Robert Francis Vere Heuston.
Coeur Fidèle, directed by Jean Epstein, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
while Black Oxen by Gertrude Atherton was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 November 1923!
Which were the important events of 17 November 1923 ?
- Slovakia - Struggle for Freedom and Democracy Day commemorating the beginning of the Velvet Revolution in 1989.
- Life Day
- International Students Day
- R.C. Saints - Elisabeth of Hungary; Gregory of Tours; Hilda of Whitby; Hugh of Lincoln
- Also see November 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Robert Francis Vere Heuston: British Professor of Law.
- Michel Fleury: French historian, archaeologist and archivist, who conducted extensive research on Paris, the city where he died on 18 January 2002.
- Louis Smart: American lawyer, airline executive.
- Gaston Meyniel: St-Urcize physician.
- Hubertus Brandenburg: Swedish Roman Catholic bishop (Born 1923).
- Mike Garcia: American baseball player (d. 1986).
- Aristides Pereira: Cape Verdean politician 1st President of Cape Verde (d. 2011).
- Bert Sutcliffe: New Zealand cricketer and coach (d. 2001).
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1923 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Georgia Blues - Ethel Waters
- That Old Gang of Mine - Benson Orchestra of Chicago
- I've Got the Yes! We Have No Bananas Blues - Eddie Cantor
- No, No, Nora - Eddie Cantor
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?