Monday 9 November 1942
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 9, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Tom Weiskopf and Thomas Daniel Weiskopf.
Casablanca, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 November 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 November 1942!
Which were the important events of 9 November 1942 ?
- Roman Catholicism - Dedication of the Basilica di San Giovanni in Laterano, Cathedral of the Pope (memorial feast day)
- Also see November 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Cambodia - Independence Day (1953)
- Pakistan - Allama Iqbal Day (1877)
- Germany - November 9th is often called Germany's Schicksalstag (day of fate) due to the events of 1848, 1918, 1923, 1938, and 1989.
- Europe - Inventor's Day - in honor of Hedy Lamarr's birthday
- United States - World Freedom Day, to commenerate the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989
- Tom Weiskopf: American golfer who, for years, was one of the top 24 finishers in the Master's Tournament, finishing second four times.
- Stuart Lipton: English real estate developer / multi-millionaire.
- Thomas Daniel Weiskopf: Massillon, Ohio -- PGA golfer (British Open 1973).
- Tom Weiskopf in Ohio: USA; PGA golfer (British Open 1973).
- Victor Blank: English businessman and philanthropist.
- Edna May Oliver: American actress (Born 1883).
- German occupiers put Erik Scavenius as Danish Premier
- WWII: U.S serviceman Edward Leonski is hanged at Melbourne's Pentridge Prison for the quotBrown-Outquot murders of 3 women in May.