Tuesday 16 September 1924
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Paddy Stone and Lauren Bacall in Staten Island.
The Slanderers, directed by Nat Ross, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 September 1924!
Which were the important events of 16 September 1924 ?
- Mexico - Independence Day (from Spain; proclaimed 1810, recognised 1821, instituted 1825; See Fiestas Patrias)
- Also see September 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Cyprian, Pope Cornelius, Saint Ludmila
- In ancient Greece, the third day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates walked to the sea at Phaleron and purified themselves in the water.
- Papua New Guinea - Independence Day (from Australia, 1975)
- Paddy Stone: Winnipeg, Manitoba -- Choreographer (Piccadilly Palace).
- Lauren Bacall in Staten Island: New York, USA; actress (Dark Passage, Key Largo).
- Lauren Bacall: American actress, a star for over a half century.
- Raoul Coutard: French cinematographer most often associated with the Nouvelle Vague period and particularly for his work with director Jean-Luc Godard.
- Cardinal Jim Bottomley bats in 12 RBIs in 1 game
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1924 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- She's Everybody's Sweetheart - Ted Lewis & His Band
- Memory Lane - Paul Specht & His Orchestra
- Shine - California Ramblers
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?