Monday 8 September 1924
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Grace Metalious and Wendell H Ford.
Michael, directed by Carl Theodor Dreyer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 September 1924
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 September 1924!
Which were the important events of 8 September 1924 ?
- Grace Metalious: American writer, a novelist whose book, "Peyton Place," published on 6/24/1956, centered on small town scandal and sex.
- Wendell H Ford: (Sen-D-Kentucky, 1974- ).
- Ralph Messac: Versailles Journalist.
- Jean-Paul Cloutier: Quebec politician.
- Mimi Parent: Canadian-Swiss painter (d. 2005).
- Marie-Claire Kirkland: American-Canadian lawyer judge and politician.
- Wendell Ford: American politician.
- Alexandra Kollontai of Russia becomes 1st woman ambassador
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1924 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Shine - California Ramblers
- Memory Lane - Paul Specht & His Orchestra
- She's Everybody's Sweetheart - Ted Lewis & His Band