Monday 8 September 1924
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Wendell H Ford and Jean-Paul Cloutier.
Captain Blood, directed by David Smith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 September 1924!
Which were the important events of 8 September 1924 ?
- Wendell H Ford: (Sen-D-Kentucky, 1974- ).
- Jean-Paul Cloutier: Quebec politician.
- Wendell Ford: American politician.
- Grace Metalious: American writer, a novelist whose book, "Peyton Place," published on 6/24/1956, centered on small town scandal and sex.
- Ralph Messac: Versailles Journalist.
- Marie-Claire Kirkland: American-Canadian lawyer judge and politician
- Mimi Parent: Canadian-Swiss painter (d. 2005)
- Alexandra Kollontai of Russia becomes 1st woman ambassador
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 8 September 1924
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1924 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Jealous - Marion Harris
- It Had to Be You - Sam Lanin & His Orchestra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?