Monday 8 September 1924
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 8, 1924). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Grace Metalious and Wendell H Ford.
Michael, directed by Carl Theodor Dreyer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 September 1924
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 September 1924!
Which were the important events of 8 September 1924 ?
- Grace Metalious: American writer, a novelist whose book, "Peyton Place," published on 6/24/1956, centered on small town scandal and sex.
- Wendell H Ford: (Sen-D-Kentucky, 1974- ).
- Wendell Ford: American politician.
- Ralph Messac: Versailles Journalist.
- Wendell H. Ford: Politician.
- Mimi Parent: Canadian-Swiss painter (d. 2005).
- Marie-Claire Kirkland: American-Canadian lawyer judge and politician.
- Jean-Paul Cloutier: Quebec politician.
- Alexandra Kollontai of Russia becomes 1st woman ambassador
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1924 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Shine - California Ramblers
- Memory Lane - Paul Specht & His Orchestra
- She's Everybody's Sweetheart - Ted Lewis & His Band