Saturday 27 September 1924
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bud Powell and Bernard Waber.
The Slanderers, directed by Nat Ross, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
while The Heirs Apparent by Philip Gibbs was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 September 1924!
Which were the important events of 27 September 1924 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Mashfyyat (Will) - First day of the eleventh month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- RC Saints - Saint Vincent de Paul
- Ethiopian Orthodox Church - Meskel
- Also see September 27 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Balsamine (Impatiens) Day, sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Belgium - French Community Day
- Bud Powell: American jazz pianist (Born 1924).
- Bernard Waber: American author.
- Josef Skvorecky: Czech writer and publisher.
- Bud Powell: American Jazz pianist, a virtuoso of the bebop era of the 1940s and 50s.
- Ernest Becker: American-Canadian anthropologist author and academic (d. 1974).
- Fred Singer: Austrian-American physicist and academic.
- Josef Škvorecký: Czech-Canadian author and publisher (d. 2012).
- Giants clinch their 4th straight pennant, beating Phils 5-1
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1924 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Down Home Blues - Fred Waring's Pennsylvanians
- Mandalay - Al Jolson
- Sophie Tucker - Red-Hot Mama
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?