Monday 15 September 1924
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Diana Nava and Bobby Short.
Michael, directed by Carl Theodor Dreyer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 September 1924
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 September 1924!
Which were the important events of 15 September 1924 ?
- Bulgaria - The first day of school.
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day before 2003; beginning in 2003, Respect for the Aged Day is held on the third Monday of September.
- The United Kingdom - the British commemorate the Battle of Britain on the day of the last massive Luftwaffe attack in 1940.
- Also see September 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- RC Saints - Feast day of Our Lady of Sorrows.
- Independence Day from Spain (1821) for Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua, celebrated everywhere with marches from schoolchildren.
- In ancient Greece, the second day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the priests of Demeter declared the public start of the rites.
- In Slovakia - Holyday of the Seven sorrows of Virgin Maria
- Diana Nava: Italian actress who was known for her work with her sister.
- Bobby Short: American musician, as much a symbol of Manhattan as the Empire State Building.
- Lucebert : Dutch illustrator and the poet-painter of the Cobra and Fifties movement.
- Andre Doye
- György Lázár: Hungarian politician 50th Prime Minister of Hungary (d. 2014).
- Anthony Johnson Showalter: Composer, dies at 66.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1924 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Coon-Sanders Orchestra - Night Hawk Blues
- Mandalay - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- June Night - Ted Lewis & His Band