Monday 22 September 1924
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Abdulrahman Mohamed Babu and Norvel la Follette Ray Lee.
The Slanderers, directed by Nat Ross, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
while The Plastic Age by Percy Marks was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 September 1924!
Which were the important events of 22 September 1924 ?
- Saint Emmeramus
- Saint Florentius
- In ancient Latvia, the first day of Mikeli, the Catching of Jumis.
- In ancient Greece, the ninth and final day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates made offerings to the dead.
- Saint Jonas
- RC Saints - It has been or still is the feast day of the following saints: Saints Digna & Emerita
- In Europe and in cities throughout the world, Car Free Day.
- Mali - Independence Day (from France, 1960)
- Bulgaria - Independence Day 1908
- French Republican Calendar - Raisin (Grape) Day, first day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Saint Thomas of Villanueva
- Saint Sanctinus
- Saint Salaberga
- Saint Phocas
- Saint Maurice
- Saint Lolanus
- Saint Lioba
- Saint Lauto
- Autumnal equinox in the Northern hemisphere, Vernal equinox in the Southern hemisphere 1996, 2000, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2012 (by UT).
- Abdulrahman Mohamed Babu: Politician.
- Norvel la Follette Ray Lee: Lt-HW boxer (1952 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Sieto Hoving: Actor (Holiday in Havana, Palm Beach Story).
- Bernard Gauthier: French road racing cyclist, who was professional from 1947 to 1961.
- Hilaire Couvreur: France sport Champion.
- Susanne Wisten: Germany Actor
- Charles Keeping: English author and illustrator (d. 1988)
- Rosamunde Pilcher: English novelist
- Charles Waterhouse: American painter sculptor and illustrator (d. 2013)
- J Middendorf: American soldier and politician 14th United States Secretary of the Navy
- Ray Wetzel: American trumpet player and composer (d. 1951)
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1924 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- June Night - Ted Lewis & His Band
- Mandalay - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Night Hawk Blues - Coon-Sanders Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?