Monday 1 September 1924
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 1, 1924). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Michel Roux and Hal Douglas.
Open All Night, directed by Paul Bern, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 September 1924
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 September 1924!
Which were the important events of 1 September 1924 ?
- Start of the season when oysters are fit to eat (when month names contain an "R")
- Uzbekistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- In the Eastern Orthodox Church, the new liturgical year begins on September 1. Also see September 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- Church of England - Saint Giles
- Cameroon - Jour d'Union Nationale Camerounaise
- Libya - Revolution Day (1969)
- Russia - Knowledge Day
- Singapore - Teacher's Day
- Start of the partridge-shooting season ("St.Partridge").
- Slovakia - Constitution Day
- Start of cold season.
- Start of new school year in many countries.
- Michel Roux: French singer, a celebrated baritone noted for his performances at the Paris Opera.
- Hal Douglas: American voice actor (d. 2014).
- Kenchoji Rinzai temple in Kamakur Japan, heavily damaged by earthquake
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1924 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- It Had to Be You - Sam Lanin & His Orchestra
- Jealous - Marion Harris