Thursday 9 September 1954
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jeffrey Combs and Walter Davis.
In UK Three Coins In The Fountain by Frank Sinatra was in the top 5 hits.
Brigadoon, directed by Vincente Minnelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while The Mind Alive by Harry Allen Overstreet and Bonaro W. Overstreet was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Familie Schölermann.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
What the sky looked like on 9 September 1954
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 September 1954!
Which were the important events of 9 September 1954 ?
- North Korea - Republic Day (1948)
- Eastern Orthodoxy - Synaxis of the Theopatores Joachim and Anna
- California - Admission Day (to commemorate the state's admission to the USA)
- Japan - Chrysanthemum Day (Kiku no Sekku)
- Tajikistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- Jeffrey Combs: American actor.
- Walter Davis
- Walter Paul Davis: Pineville, North Carolina -- Basketball player (1976 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Alfred Gradstein: Composer, dies at 49.
- Indians becomes 1st Cleveland team to win 100 games in a season
- An earthquake centered on the city of Orléansville, Algeria kills 1,500 and leaves thousands homeless.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1954 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?