Sunday 21 September 1924
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gail Russell and Hermann Buhl.
The Slanderers, directed by Nat Ross, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
while The Plastic Age by Percy Marks was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 September 1924!
Which were the important events of 21 September 1924 ?
- Mabon - Neopagan festival of Mabon
- International Day of Peace of the United Nations, as propagated by Peace One Day
- In ancient Greece, the eighth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the secret rites in the Telesterion finish and the feast, Pannychis, begins.
- Philippines - Thanksgiving Day
- Independence Day in Malta (1964), Belize (1981) & Armenia (1991)
- Also see September 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Matthew the Evangelist
- Gail Russell: Chicago, Illinois -- Actress (Uninvited, Moonrise, Unseen).
- Hermann Buhl: Austrian mountain climber who climbed with Herrligkoffer.
- Collin Wilcox: American writer, a mystery novelist whose works feature Lt.
- Dina Fasano: Italian singer, known for the vocal duo 'Duo Fasano' active mainly in the 1950s, formed with her twin sister Delfina.
- Delfina Fasano: Italian singer, known for the vocal duo 'Duo Fasano' active mainly in the 1950s, formed with her twin sister Dina.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1924 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Night Hawk Blues - Coon-Sanders Orchestra
- Mandalay - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- June Night - Ted Lewis & His Band
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?