Saturday 10 March 1917
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Paulette Garnier and C Balasingham.
A Tale of Two Cities, directed by Frank Lloyd, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
while Mr. Britling Sees It Through by H. G. Wells was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 March 1917!
Which were the important events of 10 March 1917 ?
- Saint Anastasia
- Saint Macharius (d.335)
- Saint John Ogilvie (died 1615)
- Saint Himelin
- Saint Blankaard
- Tibetian national Uprising day
- Fans of video game character Mario celebrate Mar10 Day, by singing songs about him, watching the movie and show, and playing Mario games.
- Doctors Day - (Venezuela).
- Paulette Garnier: French ballet dancer, married twice.
- C Balasingham: Sri Lankan lawyer and civil servant (d. 2001).
- Frank Perconte: American soldier (d. 2013).
- Batangas is formally founded as one of the Philippines's earliest encomiendas.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1917 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Hush-a-Bye Ma Baby (The Missouri Waltz) - Elsie Baker
- Pack Up Your Troubles in Your Old Kit Bag and Smile, Smile, Smile - Victor Military Band
- Rolling Stones (All Come Rolling Home Again) - American Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?