Tuesday 10 August 1943US date format: 8/10/1943, UK date format: 10/8/1943
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 10, 1943). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Locke (musician) and Ronnie Spector.
The Fallen Sparrow, directed by Richard Wallace, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 10 August 1943
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 August 1943!
Which were the important events of 10 August 1943 ?
- Roman festivals - Opalia, festival in honor of Ops
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Laurence
- Prisoner's Justice Day - Canada.
- Independence Day in Ecuador -- Movement began in Quito in 1809. Independence not achieved till May 1822.
- St. Deusdedit
- Ancient Latvia - Labrenca Diena held
- St. Blaan
- John Locke (musician)
- Ronnie Spector: American singer-songwriter (The Ronettes).
- Antoine Ghanem
- Jimmy Griffin: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Bread Black Tie and The Remingtons) (d. 2005).
- Veronica Bennett: Rocker.
- Shafqat Rana: Indian-Pakistani cricketer.
- Michael Mantler: American trumpet player and composer (Jazz Composer's Orchestra).
- Ronnie Spector [Veronica Bennett] in New York City: New York, USA; singer ("Be My Baby").
- Louise Forestier: French-Canadian singer, songwriter and actress.
- Dutch submarine attacks Island Hertenbeest in NW Bali
- Gen Patton calls injured soldier cowardly
- Hitler watches lynching of allied pilots