Saturday 10 July 1926
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Carleton Carpenter in Bennington and Fred Gwynne in New York City.
The Son of the Sheik, directed by Geo. Fitzmaurice, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
while The Private Life of Helen of Troy by John Erskine was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 July 1926!
Which were the important events of 10 July 1926 ?
- Mauritania - Armed Forces Day
- Bahamas - Independence Day
- Silence Day - celebrated by followers of Meher Baba
- Ancient Latvia - Septinu Bralu Diena observed
- Carleton Carpenter in Bennington: Vermont, USA; actor (Up Periscope, Summer Stock).
- Fred Gwynne in New York City: New York, USA; actor (Car 54 Where Are You?, The Munsters).
- Carlton Carpenter: American actor of stage and film, with initial experience in nightclubs, singing, dancing and magic acts.
- Fred Gwynne: American actor and comedian (born 1926), mostly known as Herman Munster from TV show The Munsters.
- 30th US Golf Open: Bobby Jones shoots a 293 at Scioto Country Club - Ohio
- Lake Denmark, New Jersey, arsenal explodes, kills 21, US$75 million damage.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1926 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Mary Lou - Abe Lyman & His California Orchestra
- There's a Blue Ridge in My Heart, Virginia - Abe Lyman & His California Orchestra
- Sugar - Ethel Waters
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?