Friday 10 September 1926
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include George O'Brien and Beryl Cook.
3 Bad Men, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
while The Private Life of Helen of Troy by John Erskine was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 September 1926!
Which were the important events of 10 September 1926 ?
- George O'Brien: American military hero, a United States Marine Corps officer who received the Medal of Honor, the United States's highest military decoration, for his actions during the Korean War.
- Beryl Cook: English painter and illustrator (d. 2008).
- Khin Kyi: Burmese economist and scholar (d. 2013).
- Allies-German treaty of Koblenz drawn
- Germany joins League of Nations
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1926 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Ya Gotta Know How to Love - Gene Austin
- Bye Bye, Blackbird - Benny Krueger & His Orchestra
- At Peace with the World - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
- Love Bound - Ted Weems & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?