Thursday 10 August 1944
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Gérard Imbar .
The Falcon in Mexico, directed by William Berke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
On TV people were watching Missus Goes A-Shopping.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 August 1944!
Which were the important events of 10 August 1944 ?
- Roman festivals - Opalia, festival in honor of Ops
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Laurence
- Prisoner's Justice Day - Canada.
- Independence Day in Ecuador -- Movement began in Quito in 1809. Independence not achieved till May 1822.
- St. Deusdedit
- Ancient Latvia - Labrenca Diena held
- St. Blaan
- Jean-Gérard Imbar: French writer, comic book writer and screenwriter.
- Berthold Schenk von Stauffenberg: Attempt Hitler assassination.
- Braves Red Barrett throws only 58 pitches to shut out Cin Reds 2-0
- US recaptures Guam from Japanese
- Race riots in Athens, Alabama, USA.
- World War II: American forces defeat the last Japanese troops on Guam.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 10 August 1944
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1944 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Time Waits For No One - Helen Forrest
- It Had To Be You - Betty Hutton
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?