Tuesday 18 June 1940
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bob Duncan and Jim Albus.
The Mortal Storm, directed by Frank Borzage, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 June 1940!
Which were the important events of 18 June 1940 ?
- Seychelles - National Day.
- Brazil - Chemist's Day.
- Father's Day, US, UK, Chile (2006).
- Autistic Pride Day, beginning in 2005.
- Bob Duncan: Prison warden (Gartree Prison in the UK).
- Jim Albus: Staten Island, New York -- PGA golfer (1991 Mazda Senior Players).
- Michael Sheard: British actor (d. 2005).
- Casimiro Ferrari: Italian famed mountain climber; so skilled that he was nicknamed "the spider of Patagonia.
- Gen Charles de Gaulle on BBC tells French to defy Nazi occupiers
- German occupiers slaughter cattle, pigs and chickens
- Winston Churchill urges perseverance so that future generations would remember that this was their finest hour
- Appeal of June 18 by Charles de Gaulle.
- ''Finest Hour'' speech by Winston Churchill.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 18 June 1940
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?