Sunday 10 January 1943
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jim Croce in Philadelphia and Kristiina Elstela.
Shadow of a Doubt, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
while The Robe by Lloyd C. Douglas was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 January 1943!
Which were the important events of 10 January 1943 ?
- Margaret Thatcher day in the Falkland Islands
- Jim Croce in Philadelphia: Pennsylvania, USA; singer/songwriter ("Time in a Bottle", "Bad Bad Leroy Brown").
- Kristiina Elstela: Finnish actress.
- Jim Croce: Vocalist (Time in a Bottle), dies in a plane crash at 30.
- Jantzen Derrick: English footballer.
- Russian offensive against German 6th / 4th Armies near Stalingrad
- First US President to visit a foreign country in wartime-Franklin Roosevelt leaves for Casablanca, Morocco.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 10 January 1943
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?